Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Holistic Guide to the Ultra-Marathon

With just 64 days left until my second attempt at completing the Canadian Death Race, I find I'm spending a considerable amount of time thinking about the event.

Thinking about my physical training and whether I've done enough and enough of the right stuff. Thinking about what it is going to feel like, the burning quads, the screaming ankles, the retching stomach.

Thinking about what will be running through my mind and whether I will be able to supplant thoughts of quitting long enough to reach the finish line under my own power within the 24 hour time limit.

The third aspect of my thoughts fall into a more metaphysical realm.
Thinking about the role of faith and the spiritual part of my being.
How much of a role does it play, and should I expect the event to have a spiritual element.

I have decided to record my thoughts as best I can during this time as I attempt to unravel the holistic view of the ultra-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment